Thursday, August 10, 2006
from bad to good
I had it in my mind that work was going to be bad today...a bad attitude on my part I guess...and I kept thinking of the scene in the movie Office Space where Peter is at the therapist and he is telling him how every day is the worst day of his life. When asked about today, he replies that today was the worst day...this is how I felt...I was tired and grumpy. My early morning run and long work day yesterday messed with my schedule and it was all I could do to get out of bed this morning, so I treated myself to an Americano at the local coffee house. I really needed it to get me moving today...
My day went by relatively quickly and painlessly and before I knew it it was time to go home. I got home, changed clothes and it was off to the park for a run. It was cooler outside from all of rain, but still humid...surprisingly it was a good run, not as slow as I thought it might be. I ran a little further just so I could pick up the speed at the end. I felt so much better after I was done...
To cap off a nice run I got home and rewarded myself with a three-berry smoothie... mmmm... refreshing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment