Wednesday, August 02, 2006

heat - it ain't no thang

I must be getting used to the heat. Last night's run, though run at a very easy pace, felt good. The heat did not bother me like I expected it to. This evening, I expected it to be icky, gooey, awful out - especially since I had to do 14x400's at the track. I did my warm-up laps at an easy pace and then set out to try to get in all 14 laps. I secretly thought if it got too bad that I would get what I could in. I grouped the laps into 4's, which mentally broke it into something manageable. After each group of 4 I would stretch and sip some gatorade, then get to the next 4. Before I new it I was done. It seemed that last week was actually more humid -- and I know I sweated a lot more then. I think the breeze that was blowing made all the difference, and I am not sure but I think the humidity dropped to a bearable level - unfortunately it is making it way out east...looking forward to cooler temps this weekend. My splits (I was fairly even):
  1. 2:00
  2. 1:56
  3. 1:56
  4. 1:51
  5. 1:59
  6. 2:02
  7. 1:58
  8. 1:55
  9. 2:00
  10. 1:57
  11. 1:57
  12. 1:56
  13. 1:57
  14. 1:51

2 comments:

yumke said...

Very consistent splits. how much time did it take you to do the workout?
i never have enough time to get my 800 intervals in (with warmup and warmdown)

Dave said...

It took about 72 minutes +/- with a one mile warm-up at 9:00 and with about 2:00 recover between each 400. My cool-down was two laps at the end at a very easy pace.