a photo finish
Here we go... finishing up the race, feeling like I gave it my all (and knowing it). I am happy with my results. I can definitively say this now. I am now deciding where to go from here. Options on the table? I am thinking Marine Corp Marathon, perhaps Flying Pig Marathon... I have a little time to figure it out. For now, I will recover from this marathon. So far so good. I am following Hal Higdon's post marathon recovery schedule. It was great last year, so why mess with a good thing?
Wednesday my legs were feeling good as new - no more aches or pains, so an easy 2 miles after work. It felt great to just run for fun - no timing, no specific pace other than slow and easy... This morning I went out for an easy 6. The weather wasn't too bad, blue sky and sunny, low 40's and windy (temp and wind sound a little familiar?). It was great. I did time myself to see if I ran it slow and easy... nope. I felt comfortable though. I ran it in an 8:48/mile pace.
In my immediate future I am planning to run the local Drumstick Dash - a 4.5 mile run on Thanksgiving morning. Also, I am planning to run a 5k event sometime soon - probably the Jingle Bell Run. My PR for a 5k needs an update and I am pretty sure I can crush my current time.
I feel the need, the need for speed...
3 comments:
Nice pics! I've been thinking of the flying pigs marathon for the spring also. Good luck with the 5k. Hope you crush your PR!
YAY! You can completely blow me away in the Jingle Bell run! :)
And, um, am I the only person who can't read the REALLY small font? Maybe I need new contacts...
Drumstick dash.. i'm hungry. Go feast on that course!
Post a Comment