Friday, December 01, 2006

he who hesitates...

will find himself without a race...

OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon sold out with 35,000 entries 500 Festival celebrates record registration

INDIANAPOLIS (November 27, 2006) – The 500 Festival announced today the 31st Running of the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon has sold out with 35,000 entries in record time. This comes five months in advance of the May 5,2007 race. This year participants from 50 states and seven countries have registered. Entries postmarked on or before today, November 27, will be accepted.

This marks the earliest sell-out for the event. The 2006 event sold out December 2, 2005 with 35,000 entries. The 2005 event sold out by December 13, 2004 with 30,000 entries. The annual road race celebrating the Indianapolis 500 has continued to grow since its inception in 1977 and a field of 800 participants
Well, it looks like I lost track of time and didn't get signed up. I was indecisive on whether I would run the Mini again or try something new. I guess my mind has been made up for me... I now have to choose a new race to run this spring... I am thinking it is time for a spring marathon... and my decision is the Flying Pig...

Training will commence in January -- I can't wait!

No comments: