Saturday, March 10, 2007
scratch
Yep, that's where I am.
That is where I am starting from.
I took my first run in 5 weeks.
That's right, 5 weeks.
It isn't to say that I have been doing nothing, just nothing relating to running, or exercise in general. Work has been my life, so to speak, for over a month. I left work at 4:00 yesterday because I was tired and already had 60+ hours in for the week, but also because it was in the 60's and sunny and I felt the need for a run.
I got home and changed and was out the door. I started my run too fast - no surprise there. I wanted to take it easy, go slow and just see how my knee would feel and how I would feel. It wasn't until the first mile that I felt spent. I checked my pace - 8:46... way too fast. I was glad to see I still had some speed, but that was not what I had planned. The second mile was slower at 9:03, and the last half mile was at 9:46. I was tiring quickly and probably couldn't have done any more than 3 miles total, so I just kept my run to the 2.5 mile loop in my neighborhood.
I have found that I am not even close to the shape I was in 3-4 months ago... so here I am starting from scratch. So far the knee is feeling fine. I am going to try to go for another run on Sunday, but I don't want to jump right back into running too quickly. If the knee is good, then I'll try for 3 miles - at a much slower pace this time. Until then, happy running to all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey, at least you got out there for your run. The speed will come. Glad the knee felt good.
At least your knee is doing better. Build up slowly and you should be fine.
Um - hello! You are so fast! You'll be back at your 'WHOA' speed soon. I would love to be as fast as you say you're slow!
welcome back, dave. hopefully the knee handles the aftermath of the run well.
you'll be back in ridiculous distances before you know it. :)
You'll be up and at em in no time.. just start stringing the runs together to get the fitness back up there..
Lisa, Fran, Bridgette, Barb and Kenny -
Thank you for the well wishes! It feels great to be running again! So far, the knee is holding up.
Slow and steady is my new mantra...
Post a Comment