
With 13 miles to run I decided to try a new route. It was announced early in the year that there will be a
new half marathon with the inaugural race being next May. So I somewhat jokingly suggested it to
Brooke, who took a couple of days to look it over and decide to join me.
So, starting out at about 7:30am, we headed on the route to see what it was like. Actually, it was not too bad -- even with some "dicey" moments on the side of the road with no shoulder, but these were few and far between and only for short stretches. We paid careful attention to the cars and most were nice enough to move over for us.
Felt good for most of the run, though there was a time that I was running out of steam, but the last 2.5 miles I was good. Our time wasn't bad - 2:04 with an average pace of 9:32/mile. A beautiful day out there - slightly overcast, slight breeze and low humidity -- it was just about perfect. We had a few rolling hills to deal with, but they weren't too bad. All in all, it was a good run and a good
route. I think I'll be trying it again later on.
That's all for now. Happy running.
1 comment:
This looks like fun - but will it be as fun as the Mini??
Post a Comment