Today I am lucky enough to have the day off from work.
It's a good thing, since I slept horribly last night. My shoulder was in definite pain... glad I see doctor on this on Wednesday to see what the course of action will be.
Lilli is also off today since school is closed. So we are planning to go to the movies (it will be her first one). She really wants to go see "Chipwrecked". I can't say I am excited about the movie, but she'll really like it I'm sure.
There is a nice, gentle snow going on right now. I am wishing I could be out running on trails in the snow -- one of my favorite things to do (besides going to see Chipmunks in a movie that is). I am really hoping I can get back into running or some form of exercise soon. When I ran, my shoulder didn't hurt, so I hope that it won't be an issue. Right now, the only things that tend to aggravate it are sleeping on it and putting on a shirt or coat. I'm learning how to do those without causing too much pain.
With some of my "off" time, I have found some extra time to read. I decided that one of the books that are stacked next to my nightstand would be a good choice. I am currently reading Clean, Green & Lean: Get Rid of the Toxins That Make You Fat. It isn't my normal reading material by a long shot, but I was given it as a gift, so I thought it was a proper time to read it. The gist of the book (from the first 3 chapters I've read), are that there are toxins everywhere in our daily lives. From food, cleaners, pollutants - you name it. And they get into our bodies and don't get processed and expelled from the body, so they keep building up, making you sick, sluggish and fat. It seems a bit over-the-top and scares the hell out of you as well as depresses you -- it paints a picture that you cannot escape from these toxins. At best you can lessen them. Of course, I have a lot more to read, but if there are some pearls of wisdom I find, I'll post them. The biggest one so far is to eat organic whenever you can -- I think that goes without saying. There are certain foods, though, that will help your body process those toxins and certain foods you should avoid altogether (probably everything I like). I suppose as long as coffee is not on the can't have list, then I'm okay with it.
Tomorrow is the BIG weigh-in (pun intended). I am anxious about putting the results down, but as I have said, it'll help keep me motivated. Until then, keep running if you can and thanks for reading.
--Dave
No comments:
Post a Comment