Wednesday, January 04, 2012

First Wednesday

It's finally here.

Wednesday.

Or more precise, "Weigh-in Wednesday".

I am hesitant to post, but here it goes...

234.

There. A number. Certainly bigger than I had hoped, but at least it's not a place I haven't been. I'm not sure if that's good or not, but it's all the silver lining I could find in that cloud. Knowing that I've lost that 30 pounds before means it's not impossible. So away we go...

I had two appointments today:

The first was my physical therapy session for my shoulder. The good news is that my range of motion isn't so bad that they don't believe there is any tear in my rotator cuff. I'll be doing some PT for at least a few weeks and then seeing if I'm having any progress. A couple of sessions a week, so we'll see...




A follow up with my doctor proved to be good. My BP was down to almost normal, but not normal enough, so a slight change in my medication should get me where I need to be. I am trying to be even more careful about sodium intake. I am surprised by the amount of sodium in so many foods. I am also cleared to go back to running. The next step is getting back to running. Sounds easy doesn't it?

I need to start out slow, easy and reasonable. No need for speed at this point, or major mileage. Just getting out there and being consistent is what I need. A plan wouldn't hurt either... and a goal or two would be good.

So the plan is to run consistently, two days during the week and one day on the weekend to begin. I'll add days and/or mileage moving forward. I will put together a mileage plan so I have daily goals to meet. That should help. The first goal is to get back to a 15k distance by March for my long runs. The second goal is to lose weight - or really, shouldn't that be my first goal? Regardless, I have a lot of work to do.

Stay tuned. And thanks for reading. Who's up for a run?

No comments: