Sunday, January 22, 2012

updating the past week

I've obviously missed a few blog posts, so there is a little catching up to do...

First off, I'm down 2 more pounds. And this is without really watching what I eat, at least not strictly. I ran 4 miles last Sunday, but then did not get any runs in the rest of the week. I just couldn't make the early mornings work this week. I'm not going to worry about it though, just keep getting out there. I actually have a little more incentive now. On Tuesday I got some shoes from New Balance as part of a weartest program I signed up to do years ago. I sporadically get shoes to try out. All I do is run in them as much as possible, do a survey and send them back to New Balance. No cost to me, and I get to try out different shoes... so I did get out this morning and ran 5 miles on the streets. They were not too bad - mostly clean, some snow here and there. I really wanted to run trails, but will need to wait until I am done with my weartest.

Saturday I went to the state park sledding hill and did some "hill repeats" of sorts with Lilli. We only went down 3 times. It was 20 degrees and the first 2 times we were sprayed in our faces with snow flying up. We took a break then went for another run down the hill. This time as we got towards the bottom, we ended up sideways and then tipped. I landed on my right shoulder (the good one), but felt a jolt of pain in my left shoulder (the one I've been working on in Physical Therapy).  I am not sure if I was using my left arm at all, I think I may have held on to Lilli to keep her from landing underneath me. One thing for sure, the old saying, " the bigger they are, the harder they fall" is true. Thankfully, my shoulder felt just fine later, so I don't think it was anything that will set me back. Though, my right shoulder is a little stiff today... hmm.

Next week won't be too bad. A couple of more PT sessions, and hopefully time to get in some runs. Stay tuned for more...

No comments: