Monday, July 17, 2006
97 days / 97 degrees
Only 97 days until the Chicago Marathon!!!
It was a scorcher out there this weekend and this week looks to be more of the same. I ran my weekend run solo in more ways than one. Brooke was injured by glass in her foot, so I was running on my own. I was a little slow getting ready as I was feeling a little tired, and started my run 45 minutes later than I had intended. To compound the problem, I got to the Fall Creek Trail and was getting my gear on (heart rate chest strap, GPS) and I went to activate them only to find I had left my watch at home...So I had to time my run by the clock in my truck.
I tried to keep a nice even, slow pace and I think I did okay on the way out. On the way back though, I could start to feel myself slow down. I could also feel it warming up quickly too. The good part is most of the run was shaded, but the short distances that were not I could feel the sun beating down mercilessly. I finished my run, stretched just a little, went inside O'Malia's for some ice cold water, and drove home. I was told I looked like the life had been drained out of me. It felt like it too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment