Monday, July 24, 2006

the beginning of week 5

I didn't do much of anything yesterday -- it was rest day for me. I did managed to mow the lawn, but that was it. I was just not motivated to do anything. Today was the beginning of week 5 in my training. I left work on time and got home at a reasonable hour. I had an easy run scheduled for today -- 30 minutes. Off to Fort Harrison State Park for my usual run on the scenic Harrison Trace Trail. I started out slow (I thought), feeling somewhat tired and progressed to a comfortable pace, taking the hills slow. It was still a little warm out even in the shade of the trees, so I was dripping in sweat. I ran 3.37 miles in the 30 minutes, with an average pace of 8:54/mile. Felt good, but was a little inconsistant with my pace, though the hills have something to do with this... My splits: Mile 1: 9:36 (not bad) Mile 2: 8:59 (a little fast, but okay) Mile 3: 8:34 (too fast) last .37: 2:49...(felt the need for speed - oops)

No comments: