Thursday, July 13, 2006

treadmill drudgery

I missed my workout yesterday, which was supposed to be 10 x 400 repeats, so I did them this morning. To make it easy on myself (or so I thought) I ran them on my treadmill. I do not normally mind the treadmill for certain workouts, though it has been a very long time since I actually ran on it, but when the treadmill doesn't want to cooperate it makes it painful... The workout started out okay, did an easy warm-up then started my repeats. I got through the first 6 when I decided to increase my pace. Just as I was finishing my 7th, the treadmill stopped (the circuit breaker on the treadmill tripped). So I reset it and decided to put lube on the running deck, thinking that the belt was getting too hot. I started back up and on my final repeat, when I increased my pace again, it stopped again! So it seems that the treadmill is not fond of speed - anything over an 8:00/mile pace and it has other ideas. I guess it could be worse - it could try to throw me off of it...anyone want to buy a treadmill? P.S. Do NOT buy a Horizon Treadmill!!

No comments: