Friday, July 28, 2006

t.c.b.

(That's Takin' Care of Business for all those non-elvis fans out there - thank you, thank you very much). After my day of rest I felt a little less tired, so I left work just a little early to get to the park for an easy 30 minute run. I figured it had better be at the park where I stood a chance of some decent shade. I saw on the news that the temperature was 92 with the heat index at 100...so inviting...but I felt compelled to get out there. Taking a day off, warranted or not, makes me feel guilty. I told myself to take it easy - try for a 10:00/mile pace and it felt like that, my legs even felt heavy and slow, but I still average 8:50/mile. Perhaps it was the music I was listening to. Sometimes I get carried away by the beat (I tend to listen to an ecclectic mix of songs, and Eminem, I find, is great music to run to - it has a great beat and is full of attitude that keeps me going - even when it is miserably hot out). So I finished up and stretched, then got home to reward myself with a homemade smoothie -- peanut butter and banana if you must know, but I do have other kinds (like strawberry and/or blueberry). Nothing better on a hot day than an ice cold smoothie. Makes the run all worth while. Some light cross training tomorrow (biking) and then my 42k Relay on Sunday. I'll post details about it afterwards. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Triseverance said...

Nice run, I am sure the heat sapped you of some strength. I run to an ecclectic mix as well, Cash to Eminem but I only take music about half the time. Today Shaggy kicked me in the ass and got me stepping. Good luck with the relay I look forward to the report.