Wednesday, July 05, 2006

rusty gears and flat tires

I missed my Monday run, so I doubled my cross training time yesterday. I got my bike down from the hooks in the garage and dusted it off. I checked the tires and found that they were almost completely flat, so I filled them up. As I headed off it started to rain, so I waited a few minutes until it stopped. I then headed off for and hour bike ride. I went to Fort Harrison State Park for the majority of my ride. I thought the hills would be a good workout - my knees disagree. I may need to readjust my seat, I'll have to check this before my next ride. I may also need to check my gear shifter...I found out during my ride that I only have 7 gears versus the 21 it is suppose to have. I was able to get the gear to advance after awhile, but it was inconsistent. At least I didn't end up with a flat tire this time...This is why running is better - shoes don't go flat (or maybe they do if you have Nike Air - right Brooke?), if your gears are rusty, it is you, not the equipment.

No comments: