After a great run on Saturday and a relaxing day on Sunday, it was back to training on Monday with a recovery run. Not much to report on it, but it was a good run and I felt better than usual. Tuesday I got out on the bike for some cross training (I also tried to do some more multi-tasking by making dinner while I went for a ride - bad idea...let's just say it was cajun style - "blackened"). Anyway, that brings us to tonight -- my "final" visit to the track for my training. I decided to change the training schedule a little by switching my 16x400's with 8x800's. I had been reading this month's Runner's World and it refreshed my memory about Yasso 800's, so I thought I'd give them a try to see how my training was stacking up towards my marathon goal of a 4 hour marathon...basically I had to run my 800's in 4 minutes to translate to being in shape to run a 4 hour marathon...here's how I did:
- 1st 800: 3:54
- 2nd 800: 3:47
- 3rd 800: 3:56
- 4th 800: 3:54
- 5th 800: 3:58
- 6th 800: 3:56
- 7th 800: 3:49
- 8th 800: 3:44
So, if this remotely accurate, I am on track with my training. With this being a step-back week in my long run (10 miles) I am going to run it at my marathon pace to see how it goes...wish me luck.
4 comments:
awesome!! i gotta read that article! i've heard about yasso 800s. i'm guessing they are different than regular 800s..?
anyway, great job! next time, you gotta figure out how to bring dinner ON THE BIKE, and cook it that way. solar power?
:)
I am not sure they are different - the premise is that you work up to 10x800 about 3 to 5 weeks before your race...I'm a little early, but I was also looking for an excuse to not do 16x400, which I know is the same overall distance, but sounded less intimidating...
I should probably get a street vendor trailer to tow behind the bike...sounds like a plan :)
Hey, how in the world do you know what your marathon pace is before doing your marathon??
I need to get a running book....
I picked my desired finishing time and then worked backwards to what pace I would need...I really am just following what the training plans says I need to do to finish in my desired time. There are, of course, pace calculators out there that if you input your 5k, 10k, or half marathon times, etc. it will spit out your projected marathon time and pace...Runner's World has this on their website.
Post a Comment