Wednesday, July 26, 2006
6 x 400 + rain = shorter + cooler speed work
Another week of speed work, another equation...this time with new variables! I ended up in Michigan for business today - a quick flight up in the morning and another quick flight back this evening on a private jet. I was starving on they way back, so I was able to get some Nutter Butters on the plane from the little mini-bar as well as some refreshing, ice-cold water...mmmm, Nutter Butters... I got back just in time to get home and change into my running clothes and get to the track by 7:45.
Anyway, it started to rain on my way to the track. When I got to the track I found Brooke half-way through her repeats. We talked for a few minutes and the rain let up so it was time to get down to business. I did my warm-up mile and then began my repeats. I did my warm-up mile too fast, but it felt pretty good and then continued to run my first three repeats too fast as well -- but I was consistant! My next three repeats weren't much slower as you can see...here are my splits:
(Warm-up) Mile1: 7:55
recover: 2:00
Lap 1: 1:43
recover: 2:24
Lap 2: 1:40
recover: 2:00
Lap 3: 1:46
recover: 5:00
Lap 4: 1:40
recover: 1:54
Lap 5: 1:37 (I was smokin' on this lap!)
recover: 2:03
Lap 6: 1:44
(Cool-down) recover: 4:44
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Dave
Nice track workout and I love nutter butters, I mean seriously love them.
I added you to the Chicago bound list and I look forward to following your progress.
Great job on the track. I really need to get my tail on one of those for some speed work. I'm too slow for my own good.
But welcome to the Chicago-Bound Bloggers Club. :) ...and I couldn't agree more with the overall awesomeness of Nutter Butters. They're my peanut buttery goodness of choice.
Welcome to team Chicago. I can relate to running from the airport to make a run. Nice job making the schedule work and getting in the track work.
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to keeping track of your training progress as well.
Post a Comment