Monday, June 18, 2007
crash and burn
Since Thursday evening I have been down and out with some sort of bug. I never get sick - well, almost never. When I do, I like to be left alone and just let myself get over what it is I have. I feel better this morning. I feel "normal" today -- slightly tired and already thinking about the 100's of things I have to do for the week. Oh, and to top it off, marathon training is supposed to start THIS WEEK! Ugh!
The good news is two weeks ago my running went pretty well. I got three mid-week runs in and then topped it off with an 11 mile run. I found out that the 11 miles was pushing it slightly. I quickly got into an ice bath when I got home. Then last week I had a nice recovery trail run on Tuesday and then that was it, I was up in Michigan for a long day on Wednesday and then busy with some side work when I started getting aches and chills. I knew I was in trouble at this point so I went to bed early and woke up feeling okay - not great, but well enough to go to work.
Yeah, that lasted until noon and it was back home for me. I slept the rest of the afternoon, was able to eat dinner, then early to bed for me again. I slept pretty much all day Saturday. I got up some time in the afternoon to sit around and try to clear my head.
Sunday I felt well enough to go to brunch with my parents for father's day, then it was back home for a nap... a much needed nap.
So now I am trying to ease back into things and it is going to be an interesting running schedule this week. Not sure how one eases into a Pfitz training plan, so I am working on some "adjustments" for the first few weeks so I do have a relapse of this weekend.
That is all for now. It is off to New York for me on Tuesday and Wednesday, so it will be an interesting week all around. I need to rest up for 12 miles this weekend...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! Hope you are feeling better soon!
You doing the 18 week? If so, this is your first week? I start mine next monday... looking forwarded to Pfitz..
Post a Comment