I finally made it - my long run got into double digits. A big 10 miles.
It was an interesting run for me this morning. I woke up early and got out the door by 6am. I had the route more or less planned in my head, and knew where I could add mileage if needed. So I headed out and felt a little slow and tired, probably from just getting 5-1/2 hours of sleep, but who knows.
I had a weird inner dialogue going on during my run...
About mile 3:
"My toes feel like they are all rubbing together. What is up with that?"
"You should stop and adjust your sock"
"Good idea"
So, I stop and try to fix the problem, but nothing seemed to help so I pushed on... things were going as well as they could go at this point but I was dripping in sweat...
"I'm drenched! I am sweating like a stuck pig!"
"I believe that is bleeding like a stuck pig"
"Oh, okay. I am sweating like a bleeding stuck pig!"
"Never mind"
Around mile 4.5 I entered Fort Harrison State Park:
"Ouch! what was that?!"
"Just some bug"
"Oh, I think it was an African Tsetse Fly!"
"It was not a Tsetse Fly"
"Well, it sounds much cooler than just saying I was bitten by some bug"
"Whatever"
So the entire 3.5 miles that I was in the park I was swatting at these bugs. The good thing was they took my mind off my toes. But when I got out of the park, I noticed them again and it was becoming more uncomfortable. I finished up and was never more glad to be done with a run. My toes felt like they swelled up to twice their size. I ripped my shoes off to find just a few small blisters thankfully.
My splits were not bad:
- 9:36
- 9:35
- 9:48
- 9:32
- 9:13
- 9:46
- 9:19
- 8:34
- 9:36
- 9:06
That's all for now. Hope you all have a good weekend. It's off to Motown for me...
1 comment:
Good job on the long run.. I've only recently started to do long runs again and they're hard to get into (well, fthe first four miles are usually the hardest)
Post a Comment