We just got back from our Detroit wedding weekend. We had a good time seeing some old friends, and saying goodbye to some for awhile... as the couple getting married are moving to San Francisco this Thursday... they are quite the crazy couple. Not only did they get married last night, she was graduating from Med School today and they are moving to San Fransisco for her to begin her residency. All of this occurred in the span of about 4 months... we wish them the best of luck. They are a great couple.
Detroit is an interesting city - certainly not what I expected. Admittedly, I expected it to be grittier, but it was actually not bad. With that said though, the planning that went into the layout of that city sucks. I have never encountered a city whose roads were all at angles, many not at right angles to one another.
But, there were some real gems there like these:
Amazing buildings with some great detail. Almost a shame they are in a city that seemed to lack some life... There were no attractions, nothing to be downtown for except perhaps at night. Many of these building were vacant.
This will probably be the only time we visit Detroit (unless I give their marathon a try), so I was glad to get the chance to go, but I wonder if there will be a rebirth of this city? It sure has a lot of potential.
1 comment:
WHAT IS THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT?! I AM DYING HERE!
Post a Comment