Wednesday, June 20, 2007

summer school

"Yo' sound the bell, school's in sucka..."

Yes, that's right it is time for Marathon Training to start (a day before the first day of summer no less)... and I did my first homework assignment tonight - 8x400's. Admittedly I am a few days late getting started, but with the bug I had, I wasn't ready to jump right in and I am taking these first couple of weeks and using Dave Keuhl's 4 months to a 4 hour marathon training, but jumped ahead a few weeks to sort of match the Pfitz plan... crap, they sure kicked my butt... I went out way too fast and couldn't find the right pace, but I got to start somewhere. I will spare the details...

The other news is I did not go to New York this week and in fact will not be on that project afterall. On one hand, I am disappointed, but on the other, I am glad -- I am too busy and I have a lot going on in my life to be traveling so much, so it is all good.

So, it's on. I have a long 18 weeks ahead of me. Starting out this weekend is a 12 mile run -- ugh! We'll see how this goes. I think it will be up early to avoid the heat... more to follow. Until then, Happy Running!

2 comments:

Bridgette said...

Good luck with your long run! 12 miles starting out - whoa!

Anonymous said...

I'm not here this weekend, but if you need a chatty partner for the next weekends long run, let me know. I hope you are relieved to be off the NY project, in a good way, its less stress. I hope Steph is feeling awesome! Keep us posted.